It seems pretty simple to me.
- If you want to keep sending our sons and daughters to die in more doomed-to-failure nation-building efforts around the world
- If you want to keep sending billions to nations that hate our guts
- If you want to keep printing money that has no backing
- If you want to keep a speech-making failure in office
- If you want a hypocritical, pompous ass as the leader of the free world
- If you want an out-of-touch person who has demonstrated a lack of critical thinking to be making decisions for our nation
- If you want to put a “Washington Insider” further inside
- If you think the Constitution was a quaint, nice beginning but now it is time to “move on”
- If you want to continue indiscriminate welfare payments to aliens and people who can work but will not
Then vote for Obama, Gingrich, Romney or Santorum.
Or, you could vote for Ron Paul, the only candidate with a proven track record who will deal with these issues.
The truth is: none of them can save a nation seemingly bent on racing toward its own downfall. But President Paul can definitely help put the brakes on. Seems pretty simple to me.
Filed under Change Agent, Culture Wars, Current Events, Discernment, Economics, Freedom, History, honor, Hypocrisy, Ignorance, Incompetence, Integrity, Persuasion, Politics, Ron Paul
Big “agribusiness” is not about to change its ways. They are greedy profit-driven monsters with enough lobbyists in Washington and courtroom lawyers to keep the government and the courts off their backs. They are big bullies that are too powerful to defeat.
Just think about it. To put these bullies in their place would require equal justice in the courts and a majority of ethical senators and representatives. Don’t hold your breath!
So, what’s left? Only ourselves and our small farms and backyard gardens. We must start growing as much of our own food as possible. Take out those lawns and put in fruits and vegetables. Get some chickens for eggs and maybe some meat and, if you have room, a milk cow or goat. Get the rest from local farmers and organic food stores.
If you can’t defeat them, desert them.
Filed under Awareness, Courage, Culture Wars, Current Events, Economics, Food, Freedom, Good & Evil, Home and Garden, independence, Initiative, Integrity, Organic, Politics, Vegetable Gardening
If I understand what is being said by those who are supposed to know: we are in a recession because we are not growing economically. I may be hopelessly naïve, but it seems to me that growth has to end somewhere. If a human keeps growing, we will call him abnormal. If a plant keeps growing, we take the pruners or clippers to it. In other words, constant growth seems abnormal. When is enough enough? When do we quit being concerned about industrial and economic growth and start concentrating on consolidation? When do we stop accumulating wealth and start feeding the hungry (we have an obscene amount of hunger in this country given our wealth) and clothing the naked…or, at least, help the victims become productive and less dependent? I’m just saying…
And he said to them, “Do not take money from anyone by force, or accuse anyone falsely, and be content with your wages” (Luke 3:14).
If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content (1 Timothy 6:8).
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have (Hebrews 13:5).